Sunday, 28 June 2015

Welcome to Daffodil's Journal

The Locket and the Rose
May we wish you all a very warm welcome to Daffodil's Journal. Daffodil is a beautiful Lhasa Tzu who has not had the best start in life but whose fortunes have mercifully changed since she was rescued in March 2015. She is called Daffodil because the staff at West Yorkshire Dog Rescue agreed that despite all she had been through she was like a breath of spring sunshine with her lovely personality. All West Yorkshire Dog Rescue dogs are immediately placed with foster carers and not kept in kennels. After being lovingly cared for and restored to health (well almost!) she came to me and Merice on Monday 22nd June. Even in the short time we have been together we have come to agree with the reason she was called Daffodil - she really has brightened up our life. Here are a few pictures from our first week:
Looking towards Bridlington
"Shake on it"
A Pint at the Ship Inn
Another fan - Nana
It's a Hard Dog's Life
There will be a lot more tales to tell and things to see but I will let Daffodil close this our first blog together.

" Hi there. I hope you will enjoy reading about my adventures and there have been so many already in this first week. But I would just like to say thanks to all the staff at  West Yorkshire Dog Rescue for helping me to get a fresh start in life. And I want to finish with a special thank you for Julie who cared for me so much over these last few weeks. I will never forget you and if you are ever here at the seaside you are welcome to come and see me. Although you were sad to see me go I know I am going to be so happy with Merice and Glenn and you can now help someone else as you helped me. xxx Daffodil"
G'dbye t'Julie

2 comments:

  1. She is a beautiful dog and I am looking forward to following her journey and all the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina she really is a ray of sunshine

    ReplyDelete