Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Dilly in Deepest Devon

Dilly makes a new friend
We have just returned from four wonderful days in Devon. We stayed in a friend's caravan just outside Tavistock and of course Dilly came with us. She was absolutely fantastic and charmed everyone she met including this close encounter with our friend's little girl. Dilly was not phased by the long car rides or the unfamiliar surroundings and we were so pleased to have her with us. After this experience we would have no qualms about taking her anywhere. So this a good time to hand over to Dilly now....

"What a week I have had. To my surprise being all day in the car with my two humans wasn't as bad as you might think. They kept stopping every couple of hours and I got walks and treats for being a good girl. Good girl. What's 'good' about enjoying a walk and a treat? But don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I have definitely got them sorted now. The man is a big softie and gives me food and treats for nothing. The woman was a harder to crack. She pretends to be a bit tougher but if I sit down and gaze into her eyes she immediately responds with "Who's a good girl then?" and yup....another treat. Here's a picture of me in action with her:
Dilly being 'good' for Merice
This was our walk on the campsite. It was fun because mostly I got to be off the lead. They brought me here quite often to do my 'wotsits'. Sometimes I made them walk round this rather pleasant meadow a few times before obliging! Staying in a caravan was fun too - it was quite tiny which meant there was no room for my bed. What a shame - I had to sleep with the humans! Young humans are cute though they do smell a bit and tend to pull one's fur (which is growing back nicely thank you). I enjoyed my walk in Tavistock park but apparently I am a 'random barker' whatever that means. Apparently they are taking me to socialising classes soon. This sounds great because I can be 'random' with some new dogs. I will keep you posted on that as it sounds even better than my daily 'bark in the park'! Bye for now."

No comments:

Post a Comment